Spring is the season for refreshing the home!
You may be considering selling your home this Spring, or maybe you are simply looking to refresh your living space after the cold winter months! Either way, with the weather beginning to warm up, many of us are anxious for that fresh air, colorful gardens, and to get our homes fixed up.
Check out these tips from your Main Street Realty agents to get your home showing it’s best!
- De-clutter! This is one of the best things you can do to refresh your home. Sort through those piles that are collecting in corners and on tables and get rid of unneeded items that are collecting dust.
- Clean your dryer vent. Nearly 3,000 home dryer fires happen every year according to the U.S. Fire Administration, causing $35 million in property loss annually. Cleaning dryer vents could prevent about a third of those fires. Make sure to clean your lint trap after every use
- Open the windows. Let your house breath! Wash both the interior and exterior of your windows. Vacuum/clean your drapes. (If putting your house on the market, consider not putting the sheers back up or removing window treatments altogether.)
- Deep clean your rugs. Vacuum area rugs (flip and vacuum backs). Consider shampoo or steam clean.
- Clean your gutters.
- Re-mulch your planter beds.
- Paint your front door AND your front steps. A fresh coat of paint on your front door is a quick and affordable way to give your home’s curb appeal a face lift!
- Refresh your mailbox.
- Update your street numbers. Is your home’s street number in need of a refresh? This is an easy update that shows pride in home ownership!
- Rake garden debris and Sweep sidewalks. The quiet winter months likely have created a collection of loose debris in your yard and gardens. A quick sweep will make a big difference!
- Wipe off light fixtures. Most of us completely forget to check our light fixtures, but they collect dust, cobwebs, and bugs! Take some time to wipe down both your interior and exterior light fixtures.
- Update your Lighting! Cleaning off those fixtures may make you realize that they are a bit dated! A quick change of a chandelier, adding pendant fixtures. or updating your wall sconces will quickly modernize your home.
- Clean the exterior trim. Wipe off trim that’s visible with a light bleach solution, including front door.
- Add some on-trend Decor to your entry. Place a decorative wreath and/or pottery out front including a new door mat and you’re ready to go!
If you are considering listing your home this spring, schedule a home consultation with your Main Street Realty agent! We will walk your home with you and help you prioritize which projects you may want to take on!
EMAIL US: email@example.com
CALL US: 856-858-2200